This training is the Basic Training for facilitators of Warriors’ Journey Home (WJH) Healing Circles.
In this course you will learn:
- The philosophy of the healing protocol of the WJH model.
- The issues of returning veterans with their family, community, and in their religious faith.
- The similarities and unique aspects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the Moral Injury.
- How to create sacred space for the healing ritual essential for wellness.
- How to communicate with your congregation and the wider community of this specialized ministry.
Warriors’ Journey Home was founded in 2003 and has developed the healing protocol that is a necessary supplement and compliment to standardized treatment by the medical community. This program also brings the local church/faith community in to the healing work of reconciliation, restitution, forgiveness, and faith development.
Thursday – January 4
- 6:00 p.m. Social Mixer followed with a working dinner
Friday – January 5
- 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. A brief history, the structure of WJH model, the theological basis for such a specialized ministry.
Saturday – January 6
- 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. The similarities & unique differences of the PTSD and Moral Injury. The wellness model utilized in the healing circle. Creation of sacred space, listening skill development, the role of the facilitator, the veteran, the Strong Heart (civilians) and the role of the wider community. Also, how to ‘market’ this ministry. We will conclude this evening with a Healing Circle facilitated by John Schluep.
Sunday – January 7
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Wrap and Review. Closing ceremony and graduation.
What WJH Provides:
- Training Manuals
- WJH Notebook
- Dinner Thursday, Lunch on Friday, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday. Refreshments.
- Lodging & Conference
Country Inn & Suites Cuyahoga Falls
1420 Main St.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
(Each Suite has two Queen Size beds, desk, hairdryer, coffee maker, vanity area, iron/board, indoor pool, complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi. 30 minutes from Canton-Akron Airport – 45 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins Airport.)
Cost per person:
Please Remit payment to:
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44222
Questions – Concerns: John Schluep at 330-715-5683 or e-mail: email@example.com